Tuesday, October 18, 2011

MxMo: Morning Drinks



Now, despite the fact that I drink more than the average Joe and that I do find myself drinking in the AM (as in last call), I'm not really one to drink in the mornings very often. However, occasionally when I am on vacation I'll find myself enjoying a tipple w/my eggs and hash browns. With that being said, here's this month's MxMo theme courtesy of Kevin at Cocktail Enthusiast:

The theme is “morning drinks.” Breakfast cocktails were the norm in the nineteenth century, when cocktails were a common beginning to one’s day. The drink’s purpose was to help the imbiber recover from the past night’s indiscretions and to steel their resolve for the coming day.

I'm not going to be around next week (enjoying my weekend after the Fall/Winter menu party), so I'm posting this early.



Journey to the End of the Night
1.5 oz Ron Zacapa
1 oz cold pressed Ethiopian Harrar coffee (we use Valhalla)
.5 oz simple syrup (1:1)
3 shakes organic cocoa
2 shakes cayenne
garnish: 1 shake cocoa, 1 shake cayenne

Combine ingredients in shaker over ice. Shake like a hungover person, double strain into a chilled cocktail glass or whatever you drink out of in the mornings. Garnish.

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy. Enjoy your time off- can't wait to come in and see the new menu.

    ReplyDelete